Monday, April 27, 2015

Take the bitter with the sweet (surgery date!)

...........June 10th! My surgery will be on Wednesday, June 10th. It's not the two-week window of the last two weeks of May that I was given, but I'll take it.



Now we just have to re-work our vacation, work schedules....but, whatever. 




I go back on May 11th for my pre-surgery nutrition seminar and to sign consents....and to get re-weighed.



I started my period yesterday and it did me no good to explain to my MALE surgeon that I tend to gain about 10lbs of water weight around my period (hey, I have PCOS and endometriosis....there's a lot in inflammation going on there).

He didn't believe me and said that, to show that I'm still committed, I have to lose 4lbs in the next two weeks.



Ugh.....fucker (that's kind of the period talking, but not really).


I also have to go see my PCP for a pre-op physical, which I've already got scheduled for June 1st.

So for now, I'm just working on making a birthday cake-flavored protein shake since my birthday is 9 days after surgery.....happy early birthday to me!
(this will easily be the most expensive (and best) birthday present I ever get).

No comments:

Post a Comment