Sunday, January 25, 2015

First contact...finally!

After several months of trying to get something started, it's happening!

Happy dance!

Mercy called with my insurance requirements for surgery: 3 months of a nutritionist supervised diet and a letter of clearance from my family doctor. That's it. 

Mercy, on the other hand, does a ton of testing before you can have the surgery- a sleep study to test for sleep apnea, EKG's for any heart problems you may not be aware of, labs to check my thyroid, iron levels, vitamin levels, and cholesterol levels, a psychological evaluation (do I tell them about the voices?), and possibly a GI evaluation to check for ulcers or a hernia. 

My first appointment is February 26th (it would have been March 17th if I'd waited until the doc was at Anderson, where I'd much rather go). Hey, to get in sooner, I'll drive all the way to Fairfield. 

When I count it up, if there are no complications with Cigna, that means I'll hopefully be getting surgery in May or early June!

Is it February 26th yet?




No comments:

Post a Comment